Last Updated: October 23, 2023
What Information Do We Collect?
When Users use our Services, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including Personal Information about the User. “Personal Information” refers to information about that can be used to identify a User, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, or transaction information.
Specifically, we may collect, store, or process information when Users:
- Fill in forms on the Services, including when Users register to use the Services;
- Contact us with inquiries, including via email;
- Subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise sign up to receive communications;
- Otherwise interact with or contract PsychFlex; or
- Voluntarily provide information.
We may receive limited personal information about our Registered Users from Users so that we can recommend Services for our Registered Users.
We may also receive additional information, such as payment information, from Professional Providers when they purchase a subscription.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
This, in turn, helps us make our Services relevant to Users’ interests and needs. We use a number of different Tracking Technologies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies.
Why We Collect Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To present our Services to Users;
- To perform Services requested by Users;
- To personalize User’s experience;
- To improve customer service by being able to respond to User’s requests and support needs more efficiently;
- To personalize user experience by using aggregated information and User feedback to understand how to improve the Services;
- To send periodic emails to Users;
- To help us establish and verify the identity of Clinicians and/or Clients;
- To maintain the security and integrity of our systems; or
- To fulfill any other purposes at User’s direction or with your consent.
We collect additional information from Professional Providers to process payments and provide subscriptions.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose Clinician’s Personal Information as follows. We do not share any information from Clients.
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To fulfill the purpose for which Users provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when Users provide the information;
- With User’s consent;
- With affiliates if User’s opt-in to receiving communications from affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Services’ users is among the assets transferred;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside Users’ country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, Users or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the PsychFlex or others.
We may disclose limited information about Clients to Clinicians for the purposes of supporting Clinician’s services to Clients.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide Users with choices regarding the personal information Users provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide Users with the following control over Users information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If Users do not wish to have e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, Users can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted or Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about Users online activities across websites or applications over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which Users may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. Users can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, www.Usersronlinechoices.eu/, or www.Usersradchoices.ca/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. Users can also opt-out of targeted advertising directly on the advertising platform by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads, https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous, and https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in Users browser or applications. It may make the ads Users see less relevant to Users interests. If Users delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, Users may need to renew Users opt-out choice.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to improve the Services’ functions. Users can choose not to be included in Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
“Do Not Track” Requests
The Services currently do not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect Users’ Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect Users’ Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. The transmission of information to our Platform thus is done entirely at a User’s own risk.
Third-Party Websites and Social Media
Our Services may contain links to other websites, including those of third parties or partners. While we seek to link only to Services that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third-party websites or applications through our Services, Users are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about Users’ online activities over time and across different web Apps when Users use our Services.
Our Services is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Services, Users are consenting to the transfer of personal information to the US. If Users are accessing our Services from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of the User’s jurisdiction.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If Users are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services or provide any information to us, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If Users believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at [email protected].
P.O. Box 6081
Reno, NV 89503